25 Nisan 2020 Cumartesi

Self-reflection


  1.  If I were a teacher, I would use the inquiry-based learning method in my classroom. I always found the memorization system inadequate during my studying years. Although listening to the lessons and taking notes are actively learning, there is not much questioner. So we should keep in mind what the teacher said; and this was a difficulty for me in middle school. Because to get to the high school, we always got into a race with memorizing the lessons but not inquiring of the logic behind the lessons. Of course, the success rate on the exams was high, but it is obvious that it did not make us more knowledgeable. For non-math classes, memorization method is logical and functional. But in science and math classes teaching the theory and expecting the solution from the students is inadequate in my opinion. I think making a general introduction to the lesson and asking questions that will cause curiosity, and encouraging the students is more appropriate. The opportunity to practice inan appropriate environment should be provided after teaching theory to the students. Additionally, in order to make the students curious, books should be offered to the schools according to the student's interests, so I find it important to be able to communicate well with the students and direct them according to their wishes and interests.
  2. Inquiry-Based Learning technique is very popular today. It is a system that can be used for all the courses, measures the knowledge level of the students appropriately, and ensures that the students express themselves. In the testing method, if the wrong choice is selected the student is considered not knowing the lesson. But with open ended questions what is missing, what is misunderstood can be figured out. I think it is open to creativity, curiosity and sharing, it is important in personal development, as long as the correct guidance is given to the student.
          It is the duty of the teacher to give the student a sense of curiosity and to be constantly                active in thinking. When the student is curious about the lessons and starts to inquire; the            student will always want to know more, learn, experiment, observe and share with                        friends. As such, information will always remain in the students mind.




References




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Self-reflection   I f I were a teacher, I would use the  inquiry-based learning  method in my classroom. I always found the memorizati...